Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Posting For Peace

In honor of our nation's birthday, I'm joining a group of fellow bloggers led by Glenda, and posting for peace today. I just got back from Glenda's blog after finding that she's gone and started a new website called The Peace Train. I think you should take a moment to check it out and if you are so inclined, join up.

In addition there's one more site I'd loke you to check out and that is The Peace Alliance. Led in large part by an effort by Dennis Kucinich, they are trying to establish an official United States Department of Peace. I think it's a great idea and a part of our government that I would fully support. We desparately need a government agency such as this one, particularly at a time like this.

Thanks to all my readers, especially Glenda. Happy Independence Day to you and yours and here's looking to a future of peace in our world rather than war.

"An eye for eye only ends up making the whole world blind."

- Mohandas Gandhi

14 Comments:

At July 04, 2006 6:30 AM, Blogger Mary said...

Love the Gandhi quote. So true.

 
At July 04, 2006 7:59 AM, Blogger pinkfem said...

and we want you to help us!!

 
At July 04, 2006 8:30 AM, Blogger Peacechick Mary said...

I'm on the Peace Train and a member of the Peace Alliance and will support anyone, anywhere who is going that direciton. Guess we are fellow riders.

 
At July 04, 2006 8:43 AM, Blogger John Good said...

PT, I love that quote!

 
At July 04, 2006 8:48 AM, Blogger billie said...

love the quote

 
At July 04, 2006 9:28 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Gandhi's quote says it all.

Thanks for being part of Post 4 Peace.

IF WE ALL RAISE OUR VOICES LOUD AND CLEAR,

MAYBE WE WONT HAVE TO DO IT AGAIN NEXT YEAR.

 
At July 04, 2006 11:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Independence Day PT. I haven't got peace yet, but I'm looking for it. (May need to go and deploy some little green peacemakers.)

 
At July 04, 2006 11:27 AM, Blogger Donnie McDaniel said...

All Aboard!! The Peace Train is gonna rock!!

 
At July 04, 2006 12:05 PM, Blogger Mark Prime (tpm/Confession Zero) said...

PT,

Love the signage!

Keep it coming brother!

Roll on Peace Train!
Bring your banners!
Bring your warble on by!
Roll on!
Roll on Peace Train!
Warble your bravery to the sky!
Roll on!
Roll on!
Roll on!
Roll on!
Roll on!

 
At July 04, 2006 12:41 PM, Blogger celticfire said...

Wooot! :)

 
At July 04, 2006 1:32 PM, Blogger sumo said...

Happy 4th...love the sign...your "post for peace" was great!

 
At July 04, 2006 3:58 PM, Blogger PTCruiser said...

Wow! I didn't have time to check this thing 'til I got home from work. It appears that peace is a very popular subject. Thanks everyone for stopping by, checking it out and commenting. Very special thanks to Glenda who came up with the idea. I'm off to a party at a friend's house but I'll be sure to check in on all of you over the course of tonight and tomorrow. And don't forget....Peace is Patriotic

 
At July 05, 2006 6:09 AM, Blogger pissed off patricia said...

Damn, I missed coming over to visit you yesterday. I'm so sorry, but here I am today. Any beer left over?

Thanks so much for the information and links

 
At July 05, 2006 9:07 AM, Blogger PTCruiser said...

Don't sweat it, PoP. I was late visiting everyone else. and I'm still not finished.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home