Friday, June 23, 2006

Salamat, Pare!

In English: "Thank you, my friend."

Philippines bans death penalty
-Aljazeera

The president of the Philippines has signed a law abolishing the death penalty on the eve of her trip to the Vatican but vowed she will not relent in battling terrorists and criminals.

"We shall continue to devote the increasing weight of our resources to the prevention and control of serious crimes, rather than take the lives of those who commit them," said Gloria Macapagal Arroyo.

I can't begin to tell you how much this news report made my day. I love working with all of my Pinoy friends and having been raised in the midst of a large Filipino community has definitely given me a greater appreciation for their culture.

4 Comments:

At June 24, 2006 1:40 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Anytime you can spend quality time within the Filipino community, your are richer.

 
At June 24, 2006 7:00 AM, Blogger PTCruiser said...

Can't argue with that, Dusty. They're great people.

 
At June 24, 2006 9:50 AM, Blogger crallspace said...

Now, if only Bush can make a decent decision.

I'm not holding my breath.

 
At June 25, 2006 12:12 AM, Blogger celticfire said...

There is a level of hypocrisy involved here. link.


There is an active People's War there, (they've already had gay marriages, its great).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home