Sunday, June 18, 2006

Happy Father's Day

This post is dedicated to PTCruiser's number one fan, my father.

Lough Mask, County Mayo
Ireland

He came to this country as a young man, leaving all that he knew behind, taking the risk without knowing what this new land had in store for him. I hope the risk paid off for you, Dad. I know that it did for me.

As a young boy, I used to listen to my father rant about the government and how the American public simply acted like sheep and I wondered naively why he would stay here if he hated it so much. I get it now, Dad. I totally get it.

I guess conformity is just not in my genetic makeup.

I love you, Dad. Thanks for influencing who I am today.

"Speak your mind, even if your voice trembles." - Author Unknown

9 Comments:

At June 18, 2006 2:04 PM, Blogger -G.D. said...

love ur blog

mine at
climbtozero.blogspot.com
or
jollygoodfellow.blogspot.com

 
At June 18, 2006 4:02 PM, Blogger PTCruiser said...

Still have, Glenda. And thank you.

 
At June 18, 2006 5:10 PM, Blogger John Good said...

Thank God our parents raised us right, PT!

 
At June 18, 2006 6:12 PM, Blogger PTCruiser said...

Amen to that, John.

 
At June 18, 2006 11:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks son you make me very proud.You have made my trip to the USA well worth the effort.If we had more like you this would be a real democracy. LOVE YOU DAD.

 
At June 19, 2006 5:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pt, Fathers are special people. That was a nice tribute to yours. Where was he born, if you don't mind me asking?

 
At June 19, 2006 5:51 PM, Blogger PTCruiser said...

Thanks, freespeecher. The picture at the top of the post should give you a clue as to his birthplace.

 
At June 19, 2006 6:15 PM, Blogger Human said...

A fine Dad begat a fine Lad.
Peace.

 
At June 20, 2006 8:36 PM, Blogger Mark Prime (tpm/Confession Zero) said...

Like father like son. Cool.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home