Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Did I Vote?

Yes I did.

Did I vote Democrat? Hell no!

I voted Peace and Freedom Party across the board. And I'll tell you why.

As much as I deplore a government run by Republicans, I can't imagine there will be much change with the Democrats now running the House and possibly the Senate. Case in point, Nancy Pelosi and her pledge not to pursue impeachment on 60 Minutes several weeks ago.

While I congratulate my Democrat readers out there on their victory, I will be holding your candidates' feet to the fire now that they control Congress.

I found an article in the SF Bay Guardian that got my blood boiling on this issue....

Pelosi's perplexing pledge
Democrats must pursue impeachment if they want the moral authority they'll need to fix the nation's biggest problems
BY JOHN NICHOLS

.....Pelosi, the House Democratic leader who may well surf a wave of voter resentment against the Bush administration and Republican misrule into the speaker's office after the votes are counted Nov. 7, bluntly declared that it would not be the purpose of a Democratic House to restore the rule of law, despite the fact that more than three dozen members of her own caucus are calling for an inquiry into possibly impeachable offenses by the administration, led by Rep. John Conyers of Michigan, who is in line to become chair of the Judiciary Committee if the Democrats retake the House.

"Impeachment is off the table," Pelosi declared.


"And that’s a pledge?" asked CBS’s Lesley Stahl.


"Well, it’s a pledge in the — yes, I mean, it’s a pledge," Pelosi responded. "Of course it is. It is a waste of time."


A waste of time?


Not in the eyes of the American people. A majority of those surveyed last fall in a national poll by Ipsos Public Affairs, the firm that measures public opinion on behalf of the Associated Press, agreed with the statement "If President Bush did not tell the truth about his reasons for going to war with Iraq, Congress should consider holding him accountable by impeaching him."......
Full story here.

While many may see my tactic as "throwing away my vote", I view it more in terms of using my vote to support a party that more accurately represents me.

I cannot vote for a party that refuses to stand up to this tyrannical administration. Period. Sorry, but there aren't nearly enough Feingolds and Conyers in the Democratic Party.

9 Comments:

At November 08, 2006 9:31 AM, Blogger azgoddess said...

i'm with you part way

i voted for people not party...

we need more honest people in our government, not just democrats

 
At November 08, 2006 10:19 AM, Blogger Peacechick Mary said...

I don't want Bush impeached, I want him boiled in oil, but I will say this: Pelosi is an excellent strategist and when I look at ther agenda, I see that the things she is setting out to do will cause Bush and his thugs to fight and veto, thus showing all the Americans (right wingers included) that impeachment is mandatory and there will not be a fight. It will be a greased slide.

 
At November 08, 2006 1:12 PM, Blogger enigma4ever said...

I know I saw this speech too..there is something afoot..something strange about what she said...she didn't really answer the question right...and maybe Impeachment is off the ??? We all know that there are going to be Investigations and Issues addressed.... she is number 3 in line- maybe she didn't want to seem like someone eye-ing the throne.???

 
At November 08, 2006 1:24 PM, Blogger enigma4ever said...

PT...I had another whole thought..what if they go after CHENEY FIRST///that would explain her caged answer/response.....I mean we saw Rummy thrown off the bus- you know Dick must not be far behind...

 
At November 08, 2006 2:12 PM, Blogger sumo said...

PT...this impeachment thing...I would love to see it go down. There is a but though...to consider. I have thought this over alot and it would interfere with getting the troops out of Iraq and the war stopped. We'd be fighting on two fronts then...and I see the Troops front as being first. Screw Dub...his legacy is gone now...his presidency is and will be a joke for the history books. Maybe that can sustain us enough in our emotions...because I think it's more revenge and snark on our parts to see him humiliated. I'd love nothing better...really. But we may have to put that aside for the sake of getting the troops out of Iraq and that damn war finished. There doesn't have to be a victory for me...don't see how that is even possible. I just think it's more important that people stop dying for the wrong reasons. If we could just get that done quickly and then turn the barrel on Dub...what a sweet Christmas that would be. You are correct about holding the feet to the fire though. I'm sure you understand that this means something to women also. Nancy don't blow it for any of us. If the impeachment process goes soon...I will be behind it just the same. I left a comment over at the Freeway blogger telling him that I think the both of you and the others that made signs...had alot to do with helping these changes come about. So thanks for all you tried to do...it worked!

 
At November 08, 2006 4:46 PM, Blogger Dada said...

Right on, PT. This was a kick-ass blog today. Please forgive me for using the "N" word here, but as Nader reminded us on Democracy Now! this morning, "Democrats gained the majority in the House, it was on the backs of some very rightwing Democrats who won the election against rightwing Republican incumbents. And so, there was no mandate for any progressive agenda."

So, if you need help holding feet to fire, please call. Anyone/party, that would not impeach multiple crimes against the nation and its Constitution is an accomplice in those crimes. Yes, I suppose, there's all kinds of excuses one can dig up to NOT impeach. Like, all the Bush transgressions are not as bad as lying about staining a blue dress, the aforementioned "Blue Dog" democrats wouldn't never stick their necks out THAT far, and the fact, if successful, impeachments would end up installing the process's instigator, Pelosi, as heir to the throne.

Those aside, forgo the impeachment. But history will NOT be kind.

BTW, how the fuck'd you get Peace and Freedom candidates on your ballot? I want their name(s). Someone needs to report these Communist mothers!

 
At November 08, 2006 5:19 PM, Blogger Donnie McDaniel said...

Give it time, I agree with Sumo on the fact that we have pressing issues to take care of first. I expect the firworks to start not long after the most crucial business is done.

 
At November 09, 2006 8:50 AM, Blogger Human said...

I'm hoping for some Investigations by Conyers and Dingell.

Still blogging from the Library when I can.

Peace.

 
At November 14, 2006 7:19 AM, Blogger mdhatter said...

Wheras I just registered as a Dem. But I'm in MA, so you might understand.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home