Thursday, October 19, 2006

"Iraq similar to Vietnam" says Bush

ALJAZEERA-

The US president has for the first time acknowledged a possible parallel between the raging violence in Iraq and the Vietnam War.

George Bush on Wednesday was asked in an ABC News interview if he agreed with a New York Times columnist's comparison of the strife in Iraq with the Tet Offensive, which is considered a key turning point in the US war in Vietnam.

"He could be right," he said. "There's certainly a stepped up level of violence."

But this time we're really gonna win! Right, George?

"I'm patient. I'm not patient forever. And I'm not patient with dawdling. But I recognise the degree of difficulty of the task, and therefore, say to the American people, we won't cut and run," he said.
Full story here.

9 Comments:

At October 19, 2006 4:56 PM, Blogger Peacechick Mary said...

I can not believe that George thinks the violence in Iraq is just some people trying to make life difficult for Him. His ego is so grand that he thinks everything is about him so I guess it is believable that he thinks that. He would never consider that the people are revolting against his war.

 
At October 19, 2006 6:30 PM, Blogger mdhatter said...

We've half-assed it so far, I figure we'll skip the cutting and head straight into the running.

 
At October 20, 2006 2:42 PM, Blogger azgoddess said...

my thoughts were - that this is his pre-election day surprise...he will annouce (to late) that he's thinking about remving our troops from iraq...

too little to late baby bush...the tide has already started to come in

 
At October 21, 2006 12:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

But I recognise the degree of difficulty of the task, and therefore, say to the American people, we won't cut and run," he said.

To paraphrase..."Despite what all you lefty kooks think, we stay--even if I have to take down my party to do it."

 
At October 21, 2006 5:14 AM, Blogger Dada said...

PT...I don't know anything about a Vietnam--Iraq comparison, but reading it in your native tongue makes it makes it más claro, un experiencia completo, Che, er, ahm, PT! (sorry--sheepish grin)

 
At October 21, 2006 5:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Personally, I salute the President's "War on Dawdling." Next up: slacking!!!

 
At October 21, 2006 7:47 AM, Blogger Lew Scannon said...

I wonder if someone had to explain to Bush what the Tet offensive was, because I'm almost sure he had no clue.

 
At October 21, 2006 12:37 PM, Blogger Donnie McDaniel said...

Here's the deal though. With the Tet Offensive, it was a suprise attack! Everyone one could see this one coming! Shame on you George, and may GOD FORGIVE YOU!!!

 
At October 23, 2006 8:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't believe I've ever seen the US government so filled with slow learners in my lifetime. This learning curve trumps anything of the Tricky Dick era.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home