Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Flying? Hope You're Patient...

Chertoff discusses new security measures
By LARA JAKES JORDAN, Associated Press Writer
Wed Aug 16, 2:59 PM ET

WASHINGTON - Airlines will soon be required to give the government passenger lists for all U.S.-bound international flights before takeoff, the nation's homeland security chief said Wednesday.

The new regulations, which could be in place by early next year, would make permanent a counterterror measure taken after last week's foiled plot to bomb trans-Atlantic flights.

"This is part of our border authority," Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff said in an interview with The Associated Press.
Full story here.

The secretary took a moment during the interview to show off his patented, new "Chertoff choke-hold" which will be incorporated into the new security measures as a way for airline employees to control unruly passengers. Have a pleasant flight....

8 Comments:

At August 16, 2006 8:08 PM, Blogger Rex Kramer, Danger Seeker said...

As an American with nothing to hide, not even what I had for lunch, I will gladly vomit into any recepticle my President sees fit. The way I see it, this is a visionary program that will make our country safer AND combat obsesity!

That said, I suggest the TSA invest in a few washtubs for Ted Kennedy's flights. The image I'm conjuring is that of the fancy restaurant scene in Monty Python's "The Meaning of Life."

 
At August 16, 2006 8:40 PM, Blogger PTCruiser said...

We knew we could count on you to not only do your patriotic duty, Mr. Kramer, but to promote patriotism from sea to shining sea. Thank you for being such a great American.

 
At August 17, 2006 5:30 AM, Blogger Peacechick Mary said...

You win the funny post of the day! It had to happen. Last night at Walgrens a woman went bezerk and started thowing bottles of shampoo at other shoppers. I wonder what the NRA's position is on unlicensed purchases of vasaline is. Will we have to have a background check? Chertoff is a madman.

 
At August 17, 2006 6:20 AM, Blogger pissed off patricia said...

LOL, I think? Six years ago who would have ever thought we would have to take off our shoes before boarding an airplane. So I'm not so sure I should LOL at your post.

Because I have always been nervous about flying, the puke part probably wouldn't be a problem for me.

Chertoff is just one more dangerous whack job.

 
At August 17, 2006 7:31 AM, Blogger teh l4m3 said...

I always assume from looking at him that He-Man is a mainstay on Chertoff's 10 most wanted list...

 
At August 17, 2006 11:41 AM, Blogger PTCruiser said...

Oh Teh, did you have to go to the skeletor reference?

 
At August 17, 2006 1:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

PT & teh, my vote is for the human-ferret hybrid shown on pg 246 of Stephen King's Dark tower VII, if he's looking for a mate with enough similar DNA for fertile offspring, that is -- D.K.

 
At August 17, 2006 4:41 PM, Blogger PTCruiser said...

LOL, I've read that book and I know exactly what you're talking about. And I think you're right, it would be a perfect match for him.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home