Sunday, April 09, 2006

Patriot of the Month

Harry Taylor did us all proud last Thursday when he stood up and told the emperor exactly how he felt during a town hall meeting Bush officials organized in Charlotte, North Carolina.

Here is a transcript of the conversation between Harry (Q) and the emperor (THE PRESIDENT)? when it was Harry's turn to speak:

Q You never stop talking about freedom, and I appreciate that. But while I listen to you talk about freedom, I see you assert your right to tap my telephone, to arrest me and hold me without charges, to try to preclude me from breathing clean air and drinking clean water and eating safe food. If I were a woman, you'd like to restrict my opportunity to make a choice and decision about whether I can abort a pregnancy on my own behalf. You are --

THE PRESIDENT: I'm not your favorite guy. Go ahead. (Laughter and applause.) Go on, what's your question?

Q Okay, I don't have a question. What I wanted to say to you is that I -- in my lifetime, I have never felt more ashamed of, nor more frightened by my leadership in Washington, including the presidency, by the Senate, and --

AUDIENCE MEMBERS: Booo!

THE PRESIDENT: No, wait a sec -- let him speak.

Q And I would hope -- I feel like despite your rhetoric, that compassion and common sense have been left far behind during your administration, and I would hope from time to time that you have the humility and the grace to be ashamed of yourself inside yourself. And I also want to say I really appreciate the courtesy of allowing me to speak what I'm saying to you right now. That is part of what this country is about.

Amen, Harry.
And thank you.

If you click on Harry Taylor's picture up above, it links to a good article written about him in the Charlotte Observer.

If you'd like to leave a thank you note for Mr. Taylor, please visit Thank You Harry Taylor.


P.S. This will mark my 100th post. I just wanted to take a moment to thank each and every one of you who take the time to read my blog and occasionally comment on it. I'm glad for all the readers I have and that my 100th post was about this fine, upstanding citizen. He's a lot like us. Here's to the next hundred.

8 Comments:

At April 09, 2006 3:38 PM, Blogger Rory Shock said...

nice to know one set of cojones was able to slip through security

 
At April 09, 2006 4:18 PM, Blogger PTCruiser said...

Yeah, no cojonectomy there, Rory.

 
At April 09, 2006 10:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on your 100th post.Keep up the good work.

 
At April 10, 2006 2:43 AM, Blogger enigma4ever said...

Great post...and yes Harry is truly a real Man..and a real hero...it was a Rockwell moment- I hope for more...and atleast 100 more to come forward...thanks for coming by the Enigma Cafe and your kind thoughts....Congrats on your 100- good for you !!!! I know I will be a loyal reader/visitor for many a 100 to come ;-)

 
At April 10, 2006 5:21 AM, Blogger PTCruiser said...

Dad, thanks for the words of encouragement.

Enigma, thank you as well, and I hope your friend is feeling better. The cafe misses you.

 
At April 10, 2006 9:12 AM, Blogger Jeremy said...

Is "Dad" actually your real dad? If so I think that's great...I was just wondering.

Thanks for the link to that great article. My favorite part of the article:

When she asked if he'd spent a lot of time thinking about what to say if given a chance, Taylor had a ready answer.

"Yes, about six years worth," he said.

 
At April 10, 2006 2:29 PM, Blogger celticfire said...

A brave resister, indeed. Bravo to him for telling Bush the truth (and getting him to listen) and to PT Cruiser for this great blog! Kepp up the wonderful work! The people of the world are behind you!

 
At April 11, 2006 5:48 PM, Blogger PTCruiser said...

Yes, Jeremy. He actually is my father. He's also my biggest fan. And the feeling is mutual.

Thank you much, celtic. Looking forward to writing much more here.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home