Friday, April 07, 2006

Freewayblogging Vandal

I was headed to work yesterday morning when I spotted what appeared to be one of the Freewayblogger's signs on an overpass. I thought to myself, "Cool, he's been up this way again."


Upon closer inspection, I realized something was wrong with the sign. Someone had taken the sign and altered it. Horror clutched my heart as I swung the car over towards the next off-ramp and headed back to the offending overpass.

When I arrived, I parked the car and headed up the overpass to remove this hideous version of Scarlet's original words, "The War is a Lie. And you know it."

Feeling justice had not been sufficiently metered out for such an offense, I headed back to the car, retrieved one of my signs and posted it for all to see at the exact same spot. A sign just like this one..

"There, that's much better", I thought and off I went to hang one more exactly like it several miles up the road to get double coverage. I always feel good inside when I turn a negative into a positive, don't you?

And Scarlet, I hope you don't mind but I've decided to hold onto your sign as a souvenir. I think it'll look good up on the wall next to my anti-war rally posters.

10 Comments:

At April 08, 2006 4:55 PM, Blogger pinkfem said...

You are my hero of the week. (That act of justice just took 3 weeks off your time in Purgatory for past youthful indiscretions.:)

 
At April 08, 2006 5:22 PM, Blogger celticfire said...

good work! i like it :) and thanks for taking back signs that belonged on our side to begin with...

 
At April 08, 2006 6:35 PM, Blogger PTCruiser said...

Thanks, pinkfem, Glenda and celtic. You can sleep well tonight knowing that the San Francisco overpasses are safe from harm.

 
At April 08, 2006 8:55 PM, Blogger Rory Shock said...

you rock PT

 
At April 08, 2006 9:30 PM, Blogger PTCruiser said...

No, you rock, rory. I roll.

 
At April 08, 2006 10:08 PM, Blogger Freewayblogger said...

I have to admit, I passed by that sign on the 280 and, like most of my viewers, had to ask myself, "Am I willing to do all the driving it's gonna take to take that thing down?" And the answer, like that of a hundred-thousand-plus others that day, was "No."

True, it was one of my own signs, but I rationalized my laziness by thinking "It's a sign, it's up where people can see it. Whoever put it there (and I strongly think it was the guy who was holding our other signs hostage)at least Gets It. I don't care if it's right, left or radical center, by now there should be signs up on every overpass in this country. Now.

BEFORE we nuke Iran.

 
At April 09, 2006 6:31 AM, Blogger PTCruiser said...

I agree, Scarlet. I have to hand it to the guy for at least putting forth some sort of effort, even if his political view doesn't agree with mine.

Most are simply too lazy, sitting on their asses watching Faux News on the TV, to give a rip about voicing their opinion.

And the saddest part about it is what little effort it takes to make these signs and put them up for the world to see.

You're right, the freeways should be inundated with these signs by now.

 
At April 09, 2006 9:50 PM, Blogger Freewayblogger said...

On the other hand, it does seem to make us the few and the proud, doesn't it...

did a light dusting of the 101 and 280 today. Running low on signage, let's paint soon.

 
At April 10, 2006 5:24 AM, Blogger PTCruiser said...

That sounds good, Scarlet. It looks like the weather might be easing up soon. The overpasses around here have been looking pretty bare lately.

Nothing a little paint, cardboard and two guys on a mission can't take care of, though.

 
At December 01, 2006 10:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot!
Appeals legal attorney Body cheap civic kit Used program microsoft and aol are running Gay black white tranny Obtaining divorce while incarcerated in connecticut running cross country training gear Jewellery management system Root law office in sapulpa ok Fly rod patents Cheap united airlines airplain tickets Wellbutrin and weaning off running good exercise http://www.zithromax-pfizer.info/zithromax_500mg_tablets.html Wasatch running Redoing cabinet doors Teen pregnancy and sports .com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home