Thursday, August 02, 2007

Take Some Time Off

I'm headed up to Reno, Nevada today for a weekend of Tahitian Dance Competition. My youngest daughter will be competing, and while I won't be drumming for her (rules state that only house drummers will be playing this year), I'll definitely be cheering so loud for her that I won't have a voice by the time we come home on Sunday. And not just for her, but for all of my "daughters" (about 30 total) from our halau who will be competing this weekend. They've all worked very hard for this and I wish them all the best.

If you're in Reno this weekend, you can find me at the Blackjack tables on Saturday night. If I'm not there, I'll be at the Karaoke Bar singing Danny Boy.

Les Grands Ballets de Tahiti "Tabu" #4 Solos

Turn the volume up; the sound is kind of low on this one.

10 Comments:

At August 02, 2007 9:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love you, Dad! I'm so glad you and Mom are gonna be there. Can't thank you guys enough for all you do for me and the rest of your "daughters."

Much love,
Other Daughter

P.S. Bring Guitar Hero. I need to practice.

 
At August 02, 2007 9:29 AM, Blogger PTCruiser said...

Dear Other Daughter,
Guitar Hero is packed and Mom is running some last minute errands. We'll see you up there tonight.

P.S. "THIS IS YOUR TIME!!"

 
At August 02, 2007 1:00 PM, Blogger Peacechick Mary said...

Wow, that is incredible. Please, please take lots of videos for us and send my cheers along to the daughters and all the contestants. Way to go, PT. I'm proud of you.

 
At August 03, 2007 5:04 AM, Blogger Dada said...

Have a great weekend!

(In Canton that's spelled Daeh Nei Boi)

 
At August 04, 2007 7:18 AM, Blogger WeezieLou said...

all i want is a little virtual gambling with my name on it.

hey, have fun

 
At August 04, 2007 12:27 PM, Blogger Graeme said...

have fun!

 
At August 04, 2007 5:07 PM, Blogger Mariamariacuchita said...

I went to a Hawaiian dance exhibit a while back while in Hawai that included Tahitian dancers. What struck me was the rhythmic similarity between middle-eastern drums and belly dancing and some of this Tahitian dancing. There was what looked like an overlap between the two in places, just very different dress. Made me wonder.

 
At August 04, 2007 6:13 PM, Blogger enigma4ever said...

so beautiful...have a great time and I hope that your daughters have a wonderful time...

 
At August 04, 2007 6:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes very much. What's the whether likes

.Black Scarf

 
At August 05, 2007 4:46 AM, Blogger Psychomikeo said...

Don't lose the farm at the tables

 

Post a Comment

<< Home