Sunday, July 08, 2007

We Have a Winner !

Wow! While I'm surprised at the huge response, I'm not at all surprised at the many excellent entries. And some of you with MULTIPLE entries. My hat's off to all of you.

After much hand-wringing and after leaving the lot of you hanging on the edges of your seats all weekend, the judges are happy to tell me that they have selected a winner.....

(Drum roll)

And the winner is...

SNAVE with "We're a country, not a church"

Congratulations, Snave. Take a bow.

But wait, ladies and gentlemen,there's more...

As I predicted, there were far too many entries to limit the sign painting to just one. That's right, folks. In upcoming posts of PTCruiser, you'll also be seeing these fine slogans on bay area freeways...

mdhatter with "This is why you need to vote"

u.s.s.r. funk with "Putin '08"

D.K. Raed with "War Dead = Lives per Gallon"

Dada with "Global Warring...it's real"

Fuzz with "ALL HAT, NO PRESIDENT"

Lew Scannon with "Impeach Bush & Cheney, because lynchings are illegal"

A big thank you to everyone for participating. I hope all of you had as much fun with it as I did.

Looks like I better get to work on making signs. Someone has something BIG planned.

13 Comments:

At July 09, 2007 4:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

FuzzFlash sez..

Well done, Snave, and all you other Commie Punks.

 
At July 09, 2007 5:38 AM, Blogger Peacechick Mary said...

Great. We could also make everyone smile with: Bush Resigned Today!

 
At July 09, 2007 6:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Left On!

 
At July 09, 2007 10:43 AM, Blogger Freewayblogger said...

Uh oh... looks like someone needs to enable comments moderation for awhile... the "desk jockey" who's too afraid to serve in Iraq has found you.

Q: Why don't liberals join the military?
A: Because they know in their hearts that the war is illegal, the president is a war criminal and the war effort is harming our nation.

Q: Why don't conservatives join the military?
A: Because they're pussies.

 
At July 09, 2007 11:15 AM, Blogger PTCruiser said...

I wouldn't mind if he just wanted to debate, but 60 comments in 15 minutes isn't a debate, it's spam.

Got a bunch of "BUSH LIED" signs drying in the yard and I'm off work tomorrow so I'll be hitting the overpasses all day tomorrow.

 
At July 09, 2007 11:26 AM, Blogger azgoddess said...

thanks for posting the results -- they were all great!!

 
At July 09, 2007 4:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What an awesome idea! I particularly like Fuzz' entry.

 
At July 09, 2007 7:11 PM, Blogger Lew Scannon said...

Just to be a runner-up in such a prestigious contest is an honor. Congratulations Snave!

 
At July 10, 2007 6:19 AM, Blogger Psychomikeo said...

Trollin' Trollin' Trollin'... Trollhide!

I got 217 comments on my last post!

 
At July 10, 2007 8:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I did have fun. You are an inspiration! In fact, I just thought of another one:
Democracy USA = 25% Rule
(or USA Democracy = Rule by 25%, I can't figure out which is more understandable).

I live in a town with 2 fwy overpasses. They are usually pristine, except for the occasional "welcome home 222th" or "happy birthday, sister johnson". Even those are removed within hrs. Plus stoning is still the recommended punishment for certain crimes. Utah is under Sharia law (hey, that gives me an idea for a purely local sign). ~~ D.K.

 
At July 11, 2007 10:53 PM, Blogger enigma4ever said...

These are all wonderful- wow and I missed a great contest...oh,well great signs...

next time...

 
At July 12, 2007 12:23 AM, Blogger Graeme said...

My brother and I hung one sign going from Moorhead MN, to Fargo ND. It lasted for from 4 in the morning until close to noon. I didn't get a picture though

 
At July 12, 2007 10:15 PM, Blogger PTCruiser said...

Take pics, Graeme. I'd love to see your work.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home