Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Happy Anniversary

Well, by checking the trusty old archive calendar, I see it's been one year since I first breathed life into PTCruiser. Along the way, it's taken a few twists and turns, had several hits and misses, and overall has been a tremendous outlet for getting things off my chest.

I'm going to be putting together some sort of a "best of..." section over on the sidebar, so keep your eyes open for that. Knowing my schedule, that may take some time. Then again, thinking of how much bad stuff I've written, it really shouldn't be too long of a list.

In closing, I'd like to thank a few people, most of whom I've met along the way...

A big thanks to my friend Spocko, of Spocko's Brain, who showed me how to take the training wheels off of this thing and really get readers to come here and take a peek.

Thanks also to Scarlet (aka The Freewayblogger), who proved to me that it's not just about what I write but rather how many hundreds of thousands of people I can get to read it.

Special thanks to Enigma of Watergate Summer, at whose "Enigma Cafe" I found, and continue to find, so many interesting bloggers and readers of my own blog.

To PoP of Morning Martini, who inspires me every day to write from the heart.

And thanks to my father, who made me passionate about politics and speaking out for what I believe is right.

To all my readers, thank you for making this experience a constant source of enjoyment.



I even ordered up a special fireworks show for the occasion. Enjoy....


Fireworks Show

21 Comments:

At November 15, 2006 5:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh dude. I didn't need to see that! (LOL!)

What is it they say..."evolution in action!"?

 
At November 15, 2006 5:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh hey...that's not fair. Looks like you reposted this as I was commenting, and I didn't see the part about your blogerversary!

So...happy, happy anniversary! Keep up the good work.

 
At November 15, 2006 5:30 PM, Blogger PTCruiser said...

Thanks, Froggy. It's been a crazy year, hasn't it? One of my proudest moments was my tour of duty with your Kommandos. Thank you for recruiting me for that project.

 
At November 15, 2006 5:42 PM, Blogger Peacechick Mary said...

Congratulations! Well done.

 
At November 15, 2006 6:01 PM, Blogger PTCruiser said...

Thank you, Mary. And thank you for all of your words of encouragement here on this blog. You are one faithful reader, sister.

 
At November 15, 2006 6:58 PM, Blogger John Good said...

PT - Congrats on yer anniversary! It's also my wife's birthday! So you know I will remember it. . .And, yes, I spoiled her today. =)

 
At November 15, 2006 8:14 PM, Blogger PTCruiser said...

Good man, John. And thanks for being a loyal reader.

 
At November 16, 2006 3:58 AM, Blogger pissed off patricia said...

Light the candle. Blow out the candle. Let's celebrate!

Congratulations and here's to a zillion more.

Thank you so much for your sweet words. You made me blush, in a good way. :)

 
At November 16, 2006 5:50 AM, Blogger PTCruiser said...

Thanks, PoP. Don't let Mr. PoP know that I made you blush. I prefer my arms just the way they are...unbroken.

 
At November 16, 2006 8:55 AM, Blogger Donnie McDaniel said...

Congrats buddy!! Keep up the good work and never let them get you down. A toast to PT! Long live PTCruiser! Subic Sally, get us a round of drinks dammit.

 
At November 16, 2006 12:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

that video was halarious..i wonder what they were drinking -- laughing!!

thanks for the great site!!

 
At November 16, 2006 12:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Aniversary son and congratulations on a job well done.I am very proud of you.You have surpassed my expectations.Keep up the good work.

 
At November 16, 2006 3:03 PM, Blogger pissed off patricia said...

What a wonderful comment from your dad. You probably already know this, but you are very fortunate to have a dad who expresses such sweet thoughts to you. He's pretty lucky too to have a son like you.

Have no fear, Mr Pop is a bad-ass in his lab, but a sweetheart everywhere else. :)

 
At November 16, 2006 5:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey, what happened to the freeway blogger's blog? it's gone.

 
At November 16, 2006 5:53 PM, Blogger PTCruiser said...

Donnie,
Thank you my friend. And make sure you tip that bar girl. She has a right-wing blog to support. Just give her the tip, though. Not the whole thing.

AZ,
Thank you for being such a constant visitor to this site.

Dad,
Thanks for everything. And good luck to you on your new adventure.

PoP,
Yes, I am fortunate and yes, he is lucky to have a son like me.

 
At November 17, 2006 1:55 AM, Blogger sumo said...

That was quite a party to go along with your anniversary post. Gives new meaning to fireworks for me now!

 
At November 17, 2006 4:48 AM, Blogger Butchie said...

Yeah. Move to the edge of the herd.

 
At November 17, 2006 11:01 AM, Blogger Freewayblogger said...

thanks for the thanks. you nailed it. It's not what you write, it's how many hundreds of thousands of people you get to read it.

Rock On.

 
At November 17, 2006 10:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations, PT!

Shooting a firework out your ass is not recommended, however.

Just drink a frothy one and call it a night.

 
At November 23, 2006 12:04 AM, Blogger spocko said...

What I love about PT is that he has kept moving forward with the blog, freeway blogging and contacting advertisers at KSFO.

I've been busy creating an educational archive about their hate speech and a list of advertisers so I haven't been blogging much recently. But PT has been the key to some great successes combating hate speech on the radio. I'm proud to have been a bit of an inspiration.
He's someone that I'M thankful for today.

 
At November 23, 2006 1:11 AM, Blogger PTCruiser said...

Together we'll stop the hate-speech in San Francisco, my pointy-eared friend.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home