Friday, September 08, 2006

Weekend Music Video

After the events of September 11, 2001 took place, and as the dust was still settling, I saw the greatest outpouring of humanity from the rest of the world that I had ever seen directed at my country. It seemed to me, at that time, that after that horrific event, the entire world was opening it's arms to comfort us and to let us know that they'd be there to help us out.

As I was typing this, I thought to myself, "Was it true, though? Was there really that much support and sympathy, or was it just wishful thinking on your part?" I figured I'd better check it out to make sure. So I did a search on the internet and came up with this from Worldpress.org...

One Year Later: The initial outpouring of sympathy and support for the United States after the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks was without precedent. And it will likely not be seen again soon. In the year since, support for U.S. policies in the opinion pages of newspapers and magazines around the world has steadily dwindled. Today, the U.S. administration's determination to unseat Iraqi President Saddam Hussein and to launch preemptive strikes against any regime that poses, or might pose, a threat to American ascendency in world affairs has alarmed much of the international press. Shock, sympathy, and grief have largely been replaced by cynicism, mistrust, and anger.

So it would seem that I was correct in my recollection of the response from the rest of the world on that day. And what did we do with what could have been the greatest unifying moment in world history?

We pissed it all away!!! That's what we did!!!

I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm going to try my hardest to forget what happened five years ago this Monday.

Patriot Day, my ass...

Green Day - Wake Me Up When September Ends (Live)

4 Comments:

At September 09, 2006 10:11 AM, Blogger Peacechick Mary said...

Is that what they're calling it - Patriot Day???? I'm done with having their patriot stuff jammed down the throat. The lieing scumbags.

 
At September 09, 2006 1:24 PM, Blogger sumo said...

Thank you for that interesting tidbit. How utterly telling that was. Not surprised one iota. Monday I get jury duty. I hope I get on a case, because I feel like burning someone's ass whether innocent or guilty. Don't care...just want to kick some judicial ass for a change. Heh heh...just kidding. But I wouldn't mind a few free lunches!

OT...I am waiting for a mutual blogger in this (G-forsaken town) to get her health straightened out so we can go freeway blogging together...I figure at night. We don't have the over passes like you do up north. Ours are open roadways...but there is chain length fencing we can use...and also easier to remove though. We don't have those side areas that you guys have there either. But I shall come up with something. It would be big news in this town...it's like kkk here.

 
At September 10, 2006 8:43 AM, Blogger PTCruiser said...

Mary,
I added a link to the declaration by the idiot-in-chief.

Sumo,
Very excited to hear you're trying your hand at the best known way for the average person to inform the masses. I've found that the signs at the side of the road actually stay up longer than the ones on the overpasses. Less foot traffic results in longer posting times, I guess.

Anyway, here's a handy guide and if you have any questions about the process, feel free to e-mail me.

And be careful out there.

 
At September 10, 2006 8:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm going to try my hardest to forget what happened five years ago this Monday.

I going to work on remembering the 11th and forgetting everything from the 12th through the present day.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home