Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Finally...A Day Off

I've been busy lately, putting in a lot of hours at work, trying to learn as much about my job as possible. I decided that after working for over a month without a day off, I was long overdue for a break. I did a little freewayblogging to relax and unwind...
(Click pictures to enlarge.)



You know, some days I set out to put signs up on the freeway and I think to myself, "Why bother? You're just beating your head against a brick wall. The signs are going to get taken down and nobody's gonna give a crap about them."

It's on those days that I remember Scarlet saying something in this post; something that really struck a chord in me...




I am the most widely read political commentator in San Francisco that hasn't been bought and paid for and that makes me "The Voice of the People".

Quite a responsibility, wouldn't you say?

Cake - War Pigs


Hat-tip to Liberality for the video. I originally viewed it on her site.

8 Comments:

At May 03, 2007 4:24 AM, Blogger Psychomikeo said...

I'm not in Iraq, MORONS is the best!!!!!

"You know, some days I set out to put signs up on the freeway and I think to myself, "Why bother? You're just beating your head against a brick wall. The signs are going to get taken down and nobody's gonna give a crap about them."
I hear ya!!! I feel the same way about my blog... I get very few comments & it puts in that "Why Bother" mood. Oh Wiretap This is fuckin' great too!

 
At May 03, 2007 8:13 AM, Blogger azgoddess said...

hell yes you are the most widely read and on top of that -- a g reat teacher!! you inspire people!!

 
At May 03, 2007 6:26 PM, Blogger peter said...

dear pt,

great signs!

peace, peter

 
At May 04, 2007 7:58 PM, Blogger Dada said...

pt...as usual, great work. Very inspiring. I love this...and wonderful reaction to the seemingly pervasive conservative talking heads so prevalent on our airwaves. (I'm speaking parochially now, since losing our Air America radio station.) Keep it up!

 
At May 06, 2007 4:17 PM, Blogger Donnie McDaniel said...

You couldn't give it up now if you wanted to buddy!

 
At May 06, 2007 11:04 PM, Blogger PTCruiser said...

Thank you, everyone. It means a lot to know that you're all encouraging me and watching this whole thing develop. It really seems to be catching on, now.

 
At May 08, 2007 12:58 PM, Blogger Life As I Know It Now said...

Thanks for taking the time to speak out for us. I am off school this summer and I intend to start putting up signs thanks in large part to you and beachblogger, psychomikeo and others! I also think the "I'm not in Iraq, Morons!" is the best. Pithy and also THE TRUTH!

 
At May 08, 2007 11:20 PM, Blogger PTCruiser said...

That's great to hear. The more people out there doing this, the better the freeways start to look.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home