Thursday, April 12, 2007

Fun at Work

I really enjoy my job. I get to meet a lot of interesting people; some are far more interesting than others. Today I was partnered with a co-worker whom I've met before but never really got to know all that well. I got to know him very well today.

Let's call him "John".

I was chatting with "John" and he started telling me about his keen interest in real estate. He extolled the virtues of real estate as the best investment money could buy and went on to tell me all about the properties he owns and how these properties would help him to retire early.

"John" went on to say that I should get a loan to invest in property and I mentioned that I had discussed this with my wife before and that she was a bit nervous about making that big of an investment.

Here's how the conversation went from there...

John: "You need to tell her that her job is to be in the kitchen making you something to eat."

Me: "And that's what you say to your wife."

John: "Somebody's gotta wear the pants in the family."

Me: "And that's you."

John: "Damn right."

Me: "Well, maybe I could get her to go for that but I wouldn't want to because I would just come off sounding like a horse's ass."


(Long Silent Pause)

John: "Did you just call me a horse's ass?"

Me: "Oh, no. No, not at all. No, you see, what I meant was that if I talked like that, I would sound like a horse's ass. I'm sure it sounds perfectly normal coming from you."


(Shorter Pause)

John: "Oh, okay."

That's one more Neanderthal I don't think I'll be getting a Christmas card from.


13 Comments:

At April 13, 2007 5:40 AM, Blogger Peacechick Mary said...

Laugh, grin chuckle, snort! Good one PT! You're amazing.

 
At April 13, 2007 5:45 AM, Blogger Dada said...

pt: Wow...your workplace is like a living anthropology museum of early man!

(BTW, I like your tact. Ever consider starting your own diplomacy consulting firm for former oil execs now serving as upper echelon policy making state department wonks? You're very good at it, ya know?)

((Of course, a tad insensitive however. You DO realize with this blog you've just insulted ALL those Geico commercials cave men, right?))

 
At April 13, 2007 11:17 AM, Blogger Psychomikeo said...

Does his nuckles drag on the ground when he walks? I hope his wife is screwin' his best friend...if he has one

 
At April 13, 2007 12:34 PM, Blogger thephoenixnyc said...

THis is why I left the corporate world and started my own company. That and the dirty common toilets.

 
At April 13, 2007 2:17 PM, Blogger Life As I Know It Now said...

How long before he figures it out that you did call him a horse's ass? lmfao

 
At April 13, 2007 5:48 PM, Blogger Donnie McDaniel said...

WOW!! What a treat he must be for his wife at the end of the day. Bet she just loves him huh? Great job PT!

 
At April 14, 2007 8:35 AM, Blogger Lew Scannon said...

Sounds like my ex's new husband.

 
At April 14, 2007 3:12 PM, Blogger 1138 said...

Big Thumbs Up!

 
At April 14, 2007 9:34 PM, Blogger Graeme said...

total horse's ass

 
At April 16, 2007 6:13 AM, Blogger pissed off patricia said...

Jesus christ, grab that guy and sell him on ebay. He may be one of the last human pigs on earth. Plus the extra factor that he appears to be dumb as dog fecal matter too.

But I do agree about the real estate investment. We did it and it paid off nicely.

 
At April 16, 2007 8:33 AM, Blogger azgoddess said...

haa haa haa haa haa -- this whole discourse of yours is just perfect...though i love to be in the kitchen cooking, i'm also in a lot more places in the house/world!!

 
At April 18, 2007 6:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is why I heart the internet.

 
At April 20, 2007 1:30 PM, Blogger Mary said...

I picked a good day to visit. You rock!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home