Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Recognition

I was talking to a fellow employee at work a couple of weeks ago. Both of us had just recently started working at this new job, so we were getting to know each other. I found out that he has two children; a son who plays soccer and little league baseball, and a daughter who loves to sing and dance. I also found out that he loves to eat potato chips and/or corn chips with his lunch. Really nice guy. I'm going to enjoy working with him.

He asked me what I like to do in my spare time. I told him about how I love to barbecue, practice Tai Chi, and make homemade brews. I also mentioned that I like to paint signs and post them on the freeway. He looked at me with a puzzled expression and said, "Huh?... Signs? ... What kind of signs?" I told him that they were mostly political signs, to which he replied, "You mean like, 'Bush Lied'?"

I said, "Oh, so you've seen my work." with a smile across my face as wide as a city bus. It always feels good to know that you art is at least looked at, even if it's not always appreciated.

7 Comments:

At March 24, 2006 1:18 AM, Blogger enigma4ever said...

See you Picasso you...you are Wellknown and appreciated...
and good thing you have someone nice to share chips with!!!

Finally got my blog fixed( by many other good souls...)
and my email- both totally inaccesible for days....and days...

come back to the Enigma Cafe I will put some strong brew on for ya'

 
At March 24, 2006 1:19 AM, Blogger enigma4ever said...

forgot to tell ya- you are going to be on my Blog Round up this weekend- hope that is okay ?

 
At March 24, 2006 6:10 AM, Blogger PTCruiser said...

Sounds good, E4E. And thank you. I'll stop by this weekend to check out the round up.

 
At March 24, 2006 8:05 AM, Blogger pissed off patricia said...

That's a cool story for so many reasons. A new friend, good guy to work with, and he smiled when you told him you made the signs.

He has a new friend, good guy to work with and a new work buddy who makes beer at home. Looks to me like everyone wins in this one. :)

 
At March 29, 2006 4:32 AM, Blogger Rory Shock said...

very frickin' excellent word, dude

 
At March 29, 2006 7:08 PM, Blogger Rory Shock said...

oops ... "work" not word .... but it is an excellent word too

 
At March 29, 2006 7:25 PM, Blogger PTCruiser said...

Thanks, Rory. If you're ever in the SF area, keep an eye out for my signs.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home