Friday, February 10, 2006

More Freeway Blogging

After receiving some sage advice from Scarlet, THE Freewayblogger, I started looking for locations along the side of the freeway that would be so complicated for someone to exit the freeway and double back to try and take my signs down, that they would simply not even bother with them. I believe I have found a couple of those locations.

This first one I knew about because I had seen Scarlet's signs up here in the past. It's on southbound 280 south of 3rd street, just before the 280 / 101 split. Really nice, big and quiet location to work from. And, most importantly, complicated to get to from where you see the sign and become outraged that someone would suggest impeachment of the president.



My apologies for the poor quality of the picture. It's very hard for me to drive and take pictures at the same time, and there's really no place safe to pull over to get a shot of this one. (Don't try this at home, kids). Just to the south of this sign, is one of Scarlet's signs which states, "Osama Who?" Both signs were up on Wednesday, and I'm proud to say that they're still getting the message out today.

The next set of photos were taken just minutes ago. This is a sign I posted last night on my way home from work.


Just on the other side of that hill is Candlestick Park. I know they're calling it Monster Park now, but for me it will always be Candlestick. But I digress. This sign is on the northbound side of Hwy 101 just before the 3rd Street offramp.


Pretty good location as you can clearly see it from both northbound and southbound lanes. It was probably the most complicated journey I've had to go through to hang a sign, but well worth it. Lots of hiking through heavy brush to get to this location should guarantee multiple days of survival. I'll keep an eye on it and let you know.

The only thing that might bring this sign down soon is the homeless guy living in a tent about 50 feet to the left of the sign. I dragged one of my co-workers with me last night to hang this sign, and I think he enjoyed it. I told him to be very quiet so as not to disturb our neighbor while we were hanging the sign. It's pretty hard to be quiet when you're scrambling through heavy brush, though.

I can say that Scarlet was right on the money as far as using a bungee cord and duct tape to hang signs. It's so much easier and quicker.

Well, I'm off to scout out my next target. By the way, I'm in the market for a cheap, slightly used overhead projector, if anyone has one for sale. More to come, so stay tuned...

1 Comments:

At February 17, 2006 6:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

awesome job. i'm heading out west next month looking for a house. while in SF, I hope to see some of your stuff :)

keep it up

 

Post a Comment

<< Home