Thursday, January 19, 2006

Osama bin Audiotapin'

Arab news agency Al-Jazeera has released a tape today of Osama bin Laden, who hasn't been heard from in more than a year. In the tape, bin Laden makes reference to President Bush's idiotic comment back in November '05 about bombing Al-Jazeera's headquarters in Qatar. I guess George didn't want to hear about any more tapes from Osama bin Laden.

Bin Laden also referred to the July, 2005 London bombings and the drop in popularity Bush has faced in recent polls (I can see the B-1 bombers flying over Al-Jazeera right now).

He went on to say that this message is being directed at the American people, after having seen polls that show "an overwhelming majority of you want the withdrawal of American troops from Iraq but (Bush) opposed that desire." He also stated that the insurgents are winning the war in Iraq and warned that our security measures here in the United States would not prevent future attacks from Al-Qaeda.

"The proof of that is the explosions you have seen in the capitals of European nations," he said. "The delay in similar operations happening in America has not been because of failure to break through your security measures. The operations are under preparation and you will see them in your homes the minute they are through (with preparations), with God's permission."

Hmm, I seem to remember a certain pesident who wasn't very concerned about this man. Let's see...how did that press conference go in March, 2002? Ah yes, now I remember...

Reporter : "But don't you believe that the threat that bin Laden posed won't truly be eliminated until he is found either dead or alive?"

Bush: "Well, as I say, we haven't heard much from him. And I wouldn't necessarily say he's at the center of any command structure. And, again, I don't know where he is. I -- I'll repeat what I said. I truly am not that concerned about him. I know he is on the run. I was concerned about him, when he had taken over a country. I was concerned about the fact that he was basically running Afghanistan and calling the shots for the Taliban."

Seems to me that the man is still calling a lot of shots, George. I think it's time you got off your high horse and faced reality. Osama bin Laden is still a huge threat to this country, and you haven't done a damn thing about it. All the money wasted on Homeland Security , the lives lost in a war based on lies, and the racist Minuteman Project are simply not enough to stop an organization like Al-Qaeda from bringing death and destruction into this country.

In this most recent tape, bin Laden went on to mention a truce."We do not mind offering you a long-term truce with fair conditions that we adhere to," he said. "We are a nation that God has forbidden to lie and cheat. So both sides can enjoy security and stability under this truce so we can build Iraq and Afghanistan, which have been destroyed in this war."

"There is no shame in this solution, which prevents the wasting of billions of dollars that have gone to those with influence and merchants of war in America," he said.

Bin Laden tells Americans that "if you are sincere in your desire for peace and security, and if Bush refuses to do anything but continue lies and oppression," then he recommends Americans read a book entitled "The Rogue State," apparently a reference to a book of that title by political analyst William Blum. The book has been published in Arabic.
"In its introduction, it states: 'If I were president, I would stop the attacks on the United States: First I would give an apology to all the widows and orphans and those who were tortured. Then I would announce that American interference in the nations of the world has ended,'" he said.

I think if the man is discussing a truce, we should listen. Don't go on believing that we need to continue being the police of the entire planet. We've got plenty of problems to fix right here within our own borders. It's time we started looking at what led to the September 11, 2001 attacks in the first place. I recently read an interesting book on this man entitled, "Holy War, Inc. , Inside the Secret World of Osama Bin Laden" by Peter L. Bergen, former CNN reporter. I highly recommend it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home