Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Donate Blood

I went and donated a pint today at a Blood Centers of the Pacific mobile blood bank. The reason I bring this up is because when I got home, I started looking up statistics on blood donation and I was disappointed to find that only 5% of eligible people donate blood. That's a very small amount of the population. So I figured if I wrote about it, maybe somebody reading this would go and donate blood.



I'd like to think that all of my readers have donated blood at least once in their lives and that maybe one of you donates on a regular basis the way I do. If all this post does is get one person to donate, then I'll feel pretty good about it. And I know all of you want desperately for me to feel good about myself.

I found through my exhaustive search of the internet, an excellent list of the top ten reasons to donate blood and the top ten excuses for not donating blood. Please take a moment to look at them and then please consider donating blood. You really do get free cookies and juice, ya know. I also got a 2-for-1 coupon for a Hornblower Yacht cruise on San Francisco Bay. Pretty cool, huh? The last time I donated, I got a coupon for a free pint of Baskin Robbins ice cream. But don't do it for the awesome prizes that are handed out. You'll feel better if you just do it for me. Thank you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home