Wednesday, January 11, 2006

David Letterman Gets It

David Letterman knocked one out of the park when he started his own no-spin zone last Friday night on the Late Show with David Letterman. For those of you who missed it, including me, we can click on the image to the right and watch the hilarity unfold over and over again. Just click on it and then click on Dave and Bill O'Reilly (1/3/06).

Dave basically let old Bill know that he was full of crap, in no uncertain terms. I have never known David Letterman to be political one way or the other for all the years I've watched him, and I guess that's part of the reason I have enjoyed him for this long. He just tells it like it is. OK, the real reason I like him is because he verbally slapped O'Reilly in the face in front of millions of viewers. He basically brought O'Reilly to shame for the way he has treated Cindy Sheehan and it's about time somebody put that imbecile in his place.

But quite possibly the best part of the clip is when, after Dave tells O'Reilly that approximately 60% of what he says is crap, Paul Shaffer, the band director, asks coyly, "60% Dave? "

I'm extremely proud of David Letterman for telling it like it is and not letting this blowhard take over his show with all the "they took away my Christmas" rhetoric. Good man yerself, Dave!

What do you think, Jesus?

"You know, PT, I've always enjoyed Dave's work, but he really outdid himself the other night. In fact, he just secured himself lower level box seats to the Annual Heaven vs. Hell Football Game. And you know those tickets are guaranteed eternal."

Somehow I think that Bill O'Reilly will be watching that game from the other side of the field.

1 Comments:

At January 13, 2006 2:08 PM, Blogger Christiane said...

It seems my secret, borderline obsessive, high school crush on David Letterman was not, as the arresting officer said, "mis-directed energy". Kidding. Then again . . .

 

Post a Comment

<< Home