Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Hillary Clinton Gets It

Sen. Clinton Blasts Bush on Eavesdropping
-Associated Press

Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton called President Bush's explanations for eavesdropping on domestic conversations without warrants "strange" and "far-fetched" Wednesday in blistering criticism ahead of the president's State of the Union address.

"Obviously, I support tracking down terrorists. I think that's our obligation. But I think it can be done in a lawful way," the New York Democrat said.
Full story here.

You Go, Girl !!!!

2 Comments:

At January 27, 2006 12:04 PM, Blogger Mindwolf said...

I both like and dislike her. Today I'm on a dislike mood so that's where I shoot from today.

While I think it would be great to have her as our first female president, (if anyone mentions Geena davis, I have no choice but to counter with: Earth Girls Are Easy) I have to disagree with her style in getting herself elected. What is with her making all these Republican maneuvers. Can she possibly that hard up with votes that she has to try and win republican ones as well?

If this is her strategy, I think we'll be better off is she did not run next term and stayed in the background, growing her popularity until we all know she can get elected.

 
At January 27, 2006 1:50 PM, Blogger PTCruiser said...

I tend to agree with you, Adam. There are days when she wows me and days where I say, "What is she doing?" My best guess is she's trying to please everyone which may turn out to be a winning strategy given the proclivity of the masses to ride the fence on nearly every issue including domestic spying. I think that any Democratic presidential candidate who wants to succeed is going to have to be as all-encompassing as possible and try to appease both sides of the political spectrum. Realistically, I think that none of them are going to have the same world-view that you or I do, Adam.

I too would like to see her be the first woman president and I'm not altogether sure that the country is ready for that just yet. Perhaps she would be better off waiting for 2012, but I'd really like to see her go for this one.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home