Thursday, March 15, 2007

Gone Drumming

I'll be out for the rest of the week and through the weekend. We're headed to Merced, California for a Tahitian Dance competition, where my drum group will be performing in competition for the first time. I'm a little nervous, but mostly excited. My daughter will be competing in the dance competition along with about thirty other dancers from our Halau, Te Pura O Te Rahura'a. All of our dancers have worked very hard for this and I wish them the best of luck.

I found another Tahitian drumming video on Youtube. This one is a much better recording than the last one. If any good videos of our group are made over the weekend, I'll see about posting them here. Have a great weekend, everyone. Oh, and Happy St. Patrick's Day to you all.

LEIISA drumming in MERCED '05

4 Comments:

At March 15, 2007 3:04 PM, Blogger azgoddess said...

enjoy - thanks for sharing the video!

 
At March 15, 2007 4:10 PM, Blogger Peacechick Mary said...

Wish we could all be there to cheer you on - I for one, would love the drums. good luck.

 
At March 18, 2007 6:46 AM, Blogger Psychomikeo said...

While you were this is what was going on in Ann Arbor
http://www.flickr.com/photos/48702752@N00/sets/72157600005772526/show/

 
At March 19, 2007 10:52 AM, Blogger Human said...

Have a Great time and hope you all win.

Peace.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home