Friday, December 09, 2005

Don't Kill Stan

I drove up to Sacramento yesterday to protest the upcoming execution of Stan "Tookie" Williams. There really weren't as many people up there as I would have expected. In fact, I think there were more media people there than protesters. But, regardless of the number, it was the spirit of the people there and the feeling that what I was doing by being up there was the right thing to do. I can't stand the thought that the state is killing another human being in my name.
And no, it is not justified because he supposedly killed four people. Murder is wrong, period. Whether it is one man with a shotgun or 36,000,000 people and a needle doing the killing, it is and will always be wrong. Below is a picture of Bianca Jagger, former wife of Mick Jagger, but most importantly very active politically and socially and a staunch opponent to the death penalty. She's a true hero, and you can read more about her here.

During this rally on the steps of the state capitol, Governer Schwarzenegger was inside conducting a clemency hearing with lawyers from both sides of this case.

If you'd like to do something to prevent this execution from taking place, I urge you to go here and let the Governor know about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home